Legendary Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends

AP Tristana

Vecuu
    Vecuu

AP Tristana Empty AP Tristana

Post  Vecuu Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Well, seeing as I'm bored and avoiding solo-quing for the time being, I figured I might as well introduce this fresh (meaning empty) forum to the wonders of AP Tristana.

Firstly, let us forget that Tristana is a Physical Carry. This stigma only fills one's head with rage when the thought of using this lovable yordle as an AP Burst Caster.

Secondly, let us examine her skills:

Rapid Fire - Tristana fires her weapon rapidly, increasing her attack speed for a short time.
    Increases Tristana's attack speed by 30/45/60/75/90% for 7 seconds.
    Cost80/80/80/80/80 ManaRange20

Rapid Fire might appear to have no use when thinking of Tristana as a caster, but, remember, Towers take bonus damage based off of your champion's AP, so if you take a massive base AP, and increase your attack speed by 90%, you can still wreck a tower as quickly as a carry Trist can.

Rocket Jump - Tristana fires at the ground to propel herself to a distant location, dealing damage and slowing surrounding units for 3 seconds where she lands.
    Tristana fires at the ground to propel herself to target location, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+0.8) magic damage and slowing surrounding units by 60% for 2.5 seconds when she lands.
    On a champion kill or assist, Rocket Jump's cooldown resets.
    Cost80/80/80/80/80 ManaRange25000

So Rocket Jump is a built in flash that deals damage to enemies on impact, has an aoe slow effect, and auto-refreshes on kill or assist, and of course, there is the .8ap ratio to consider. This is what gives AP Tristana damage in a team fight. It is not uncommon to jump in, ult the squishiest target, get a kill, and either jump out, or jump on someone else's face. A very snowbally skill for a caster to have.

Explosive Shot - When Tristana kills a unit, her cannonballs burst into shrapnel, dealing damage to surrounding enemies. Can be activated to deal damage to target unit over time, and reduce healing received.
    Passive: Enemies explode when slain by Tristana's attacks, dealing 50/75/100/125/150 magic damage to nearby enemies.

Active: Explosive Shot rends target enemy, reducing healing and health regeneration by 50% and dealing 25 (+0.1) Magic Damage per second.
    Lasts 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.
    Cost50/60/70/80/90 ManaRange600

The .1ap ratio makes this skill sound completely horrible for AP Trist, but the active can last up to 8 seconds at rank 5, which yields an effective .8ap ratio, the same as Rocket Jump.

Buster Shot - Tristana loads a massive cannonball into her weapon and fires it at an enemy unit. This deals magic damage and knocks the target back.
    Tristana fires a massive cannonball at an enemy unit. This deals 300/400/500 (+1.5) magic damage and knocks surrounding units back 600/800/1000 distance.
    Cost140/140/140 ManaRange700

Holy cannon fodder, Batman! Look at that AP ratio! That's right, 1.5ap ratio. The same as Malzahar's destructive ult, only you don't stun yourself when you cast it, and you don't have to channel anything. With 40% cdr it's on a 36second cooldown, which is insanely short for such a high damage output.

The basic strategy:

Harass with Explosive shot in the laning phase until you can: Jump in, cast Explosive Shot while in midair, Ignite them as quickly as your fingers will allow, and then Buster shot them away. If they live, you did your combo too early.

Late game your job is to nuke their squishiest Target. I've one shotted Twitches as AP Trist.

Summoner Spells:

Ignite and Flash/Ghost/Exhaust/whatever you like. I usually take Flash.

Runes:

I run Mpen reds, Mp5 yellows, cdr blues, and flat AP quints. It's my standard caster page, but you can probably use any caster page you have as long as you have some mp5 somewhere in there.

Masteries:

Standard 9/0/21

Skill order:

prioritize R > E > W > Q

Items:

A typical game goes something like this

Doran's Ring + hp pot
    Sorc Shoes
    Mejai's
    DFG
    Zonyas
    Void Staff
    Situational item that you will almost never buy because the game is over.

AP Trist is not for everyone, and this guide type thing might not ever see the light of use, but the past half hour has been filled me doing random tasks that are super exciting like:

FEEDING THE DOG!
    MAKING HOT TEA!
    FOLDING LAUNDRY!

So yeah... Enjoy ^_^

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:42 pm